Download Your FREE Workout Program Now!
To get your own free copy of Huge Gains Fast simply fill in your first name and primary email address, then click the Send Me My FREE Workouts Now! button and your download links will be delivered to your email box instantly. Plus, youll also get ongoing training tips and secrets but dont worry you can unsubscribe anytime you feel like it if you dont want to hear from them again.
Very Powerful Tricep Workout Tips
It is a known fact that to get big arms you have to work your triceps hard. The triceps make up about two thirds of your total arm mass while the biceps are really quite small. In order to build your triceps, you have to build them hard and smartly in order to maximize the effectiveness of triceps training.
You can really stretch the t-shirt sleeves by trying this workout. It contains three of the best triceps exercises that force the activation of more muscle fibers in your triceps which causes your muscles to grow more and faster. Also, this workout requires very little specialized equipment. The three exercises are:
- Bodyweight triceps extensions-two sets of eight to 12 reps
- In-set superset of lying triceps extensions and close-grip bench press-three sets of six to eight reps
- Bench dips-two sets of 10 to 12 or more reps.
You should take 90 seconds in between each of the sets for the three exercises.
Bodyweight triceps extensions-two sets of eight to 12 reps
This exercise requires a horizontal bar or edge that is approximately two feet off of the ground that has come clearance under it for you to put your head.
- Stand in front of the bar about a foot away and place your hands six inches apart with a thumbless or false grip.
- Step back a few feet and allow your body to straighten out as you do.
- Keep your abs tight so that you remain supporting your body
- Lower your entire body forward bending at your elbows so that your head ducks under the bar as if you were trying to do an overhead triceps stretch exercise
- Keep your elbows tucked in close to your body the whole time
- Keep your body tight and stiff-only your elbows should be moving.
- Extend back upward using your triceps. This triceps exercise stretches the muscle well and builds the long head of the triceps.
In-set superset of lying triceps extensions and close-grip bench press-three sets of six to eight reps
For the purposes of this exercise, one extension and one press counts as one rep. This superset meshes two exercises into a single set-one isolation exercise and one compound exercise.
For this exercise, you need an EZ Bar Lying Triceps Extensions and Close Grip Bench Press with the same EZ Bar. Use weight that you would be able to normally do 12 reps for lying extensions on their own. This technique is very intense-you will do one rep of extensions then one of close grip presses and alternate until you can't do any more extension reps-then you finish up with as many reps of the close grip presses you can. This superset technique maximizes your triceps training and allows you to work quite a few aspects of the same muscle at the same time, which increases your fitness workout efficiency. This exercise is best to be done lying on the floor.
- Start with a rep of the lying triceps extension
- Lower the bar to your forehead then extend the bar back upward.
- Do a single rep of the close grip press and lower the bar to your rib cage then press it back upward.
- Do another extension.
- Do another press.
- When you can't do anymore extensions, finish off with as many presses as you can.
- That's one set done.
Bench dips-two sets of 10 to 12 or more reps.
You can use a bench or a chair for this exercise.
- Start by sitting on the bench or chair.
- Place your hands on the bench beside your glutes with your fingers curled over the front edge-it should look like you are sitting on your hands.
- The placement of your feet will affect the difficulty of this exercise-the easiest position is to have your feet flat on the floor with your knees bent-your feet a foot or two away from the bench or chair. To increase the difficulty of this exercise, move your feet further away from the bench all the way to straight legs, to putting your legs up on a bench or chair or raising them higher than your hands. This ensures that your triceps take most of your bodyweight. You can increase the intensity of this triceps exercise even more by sitting a few feet away from a wall and placing your feet on the wall. The only thing that will hold you up is your legs pushing against your triceps as you do the exercise.
- Move your butt forward off the bench a few inches.
- Dip your upper body down as if you were scraping your back along the front edge of the bench.
- Push yourself back up and squeeze your triceps.
This workout is very effective because it works your triceps hard and smart,
Now dip your upper body down as though scraping your back along the front edge of the bench. Push yourself back up, squeezing the triceps hard. The workout starts with an exercise that stretches the triceps while doing the exercise. The first benefit of this stretch, is the myotatic reflex, or stretch reflex. The quick change in direction causes more active muscle fibers than usual. The second benefit is helping to stretch the fascia around the muscle-the fascia is essentially a connective tissue pillow case that holds your muscle in place. Stretching this fascia helps to make room for the muscles to grow.
The second exercise, the in-set superset, combines two movements into one exercise. The extensions provide more stretch triceps exercises and the press gives you the compound triceps exercises that allow your shoulders and chest to help push the triceps harder.
Then we get to the third triceps exercise-the bench dip. This exercise allows for maximum contraction. By placing your arms behind your body, your triceps are in the best position for peak contraction. After stretching your triceps with the first exercise, then giving your triceps the double trouble of the in-set superset, you then hit them with the hardest contraction they can achieve. This combination of exercises will cause your triceps to develop very quickly.